About the author
I speak Italian, English and Spanish. My educational background are the liberal arts. During my university years I focused on philology, Italian and English literature and art history. My passion with computers started in the early 1980s. In 1989 I started being involved in desktop publishing, part-time working in mixed PC/Mac environments. I adopted the Macintosh as my main platform in 1993.
In 1993 I was also an active member of a cultural association named Arte Eventuale, and in that context grew my experience in translating and book designing. Mainly based in Milan, Italy, the association’s activities encompassed literature, music and theatre. During the years 1993-1998, Arte Eventuale published four poetry books in numbered copies. I took care of the whole book design, helping choose the original contributions to present, deciding the book format and fonts to use, the cover material and layout, taking care of typing, editing and proofreading.
Over the years I’ve worked with many DTP and text-handling tools, including QuarkXPress, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office (both the PC and Mac versions), and of course various text editors (especially BBEdit) and word processors.
After some consulting work I started freelancing as a technical translator around 2001, and I’ve been collaborating with Macworld Italia magazine since 2002. As a translator, my areas of expertise are mostly related to computer science, software applications, security, programming languages and so on; but I’ve also translated articles for fashion magazines and technical publications for professionals in the textile industry. Furthermore, coming from a literary background, my translating experience includes poems, essays and fiction.
Since 2001 I’ve also been translating into Italian Bruce Schneier’s Crypto-Gram, free monthly newsletter providing summaries, analyses, insights, and commentaries on security: computer and otherwise. Until March 2010 it was made available by Communication Valley. It is currently looking for a sponsor.
I’m available for translation works and projects, collaborations and consulting. Just contact me at the email address appearing in the sidebar.
Authored books include:
- Mac OS X Tiger – Guida Rapida al Sistema Operativo [Future Media Italy, 2005]
- Luca Accomazzi & Riccardo Mori, Il Libro dei Portatili Macintosh [IDG Communications Italia, 2005] — A compact book on Apple PowerBooks, their care and maintenance.
- Lucio Bragagnolo & Riccardo Mori, Superguida iPhone [Nuov@ Periodici Italia 2008] — The Italian edition of the iPhone Superguide, edited by Macworld USA and published by IDG.
- Lucio Bragagnolo & Riccardo Mori, Superguida iPhone 3GS [Nuov@ Periodici Italia 2009] — The Italian edition of the iPhone & iPod touch Superguide – Third Edition, edited by Macworld USA and published by IDG.
- Lucio Bragagnolo & Riccardo Mori, Macintosh Story (Seconda edizione) [Nuov@ Periodici Italia 2009] — A compact book on the history of Apple and the Macintosh.
Thank you for stopping by,